Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Malo


Ozzie and I are off to another adventure! We are in the process of moving to Malo,Wa so that Ozzie can build a house for his dad. We decided to move there about a year ago. The cabin above is the bunk house or guest house on Tom's (Ozzie's dad's) property. We are staying there temporarily until we get back on our feet and I get some kind of job.

It is quite beautiful up there, but a little cold, about -8 last week. Tom's house is right next door with a full kitchen. The outhouse and shower are both outdoors. It is very rustic but nice and we like it so far. It was a good transition for me to be on the road and traveling simply so, that having a small cabin now seems like a luxury.

I have already experienced splitting wood for the wood stove, riding a four-wheeler and cleaning out a barn where several families of mice lived. Hard work after laying on the beach for three months. It feels good to do something different.

The people we have met so far have been very nice and welcoming and Tom and Cynthia are taking good care of us.

Here are a few more pictures from there. We are looking forward to spring. Hopefully, the snow will be melting soon.
Inside our cabin.

Ozzie's dad's house.

The outdoor shower.

The view from the porch.

The barn where part is going to be finished into a house.

1 comment:

Shanti Perez said...

I swear Ozzie's dad's house looks like the cabin on Art Creek Road where I grew up and the snow-covered field with horses is where my little sister and I used to end up after swooping down our sledding hill. We always thought one day we'd slide right across that field, into the trees and down the ravine below, but it never happened that way. My grandparents, Bub and Betty, lived at the end of Art Creek Road--just up the road from our place. We purchased over 100 acres as a family back in the seventies and built off the existing cabin frames from the 1800s. Beautiful place to grow up. I will be in the area this next weekend, showing my boyfriend where I grew up.